The Book Humans of San Diego photo competition is here!
Take a photo of someone reading in the San Diego region. Send that photo to firstname.lastname@example.org to enter the San Diego Council on Literacy’s competition for Book Humans of San Diego, Best Reading Photo of 2022!
Submit your photo before September 5th, 5 pm.
We will post a selection of photos as they come in!
The winner will be announced on Thursday, September 8th.
The Prize: Two vouchers for round-trip tickets on Alaska Airlines.
- The photo must be of someone (one person only) reading in the San Diego region.
- Along with the photo, share what the person is reading, where they are reading, and the first name of the person reading.
- Share your contact information as submitter.
- The person in the photos must be reading a physical book, newspaper, or magazine. We will not accept photos of people reading their phone, computer, or tablet.
- By entering the competition you allow the San Diego Council on Literacy to post your photo on its social media outlets, website, and to share with media outlets. We will always give you credit for your photo.
- You must be 18 or older to submit a photo. If you are younger than 18, please have a parent or adult submit written consent for you to participate or submit the photo for you.
- SDCOL staff and board members are welcome to submit photos but will not be eligible to win the prize.
Winning Photo Criteria
- Good photography
- An engaged reader
- A most attractive or unique reading spot