When you donate to literacy, you join a community of supporters who believe in a world where everyone has the reading skills that they need to more fully function in a world that depends on print for raising children, being engaged in the community, and succeeding as a student and pursuing a career. Literacy helps us communicate with each other and strengthens communities. It is, in fact, vital to surviving, living freely, and thriving in the modern world.
Where do your donations go?
- Books for children
- Supplies and materials for literacy programs
- Raising literacy awareness
- Research on the state of literacy in our region
- Referral services to literacy programs
- Coordination of collaborative efforts in high-need communities
- Professional development for tutors, teachers, staff
- Volunteer recruitment
- Enhanced healthcare communications
- A more literate San Diego Region