Mission: To unite the community to support literacy through advocacy, partnerships, resources, and coordination
Vision: The San Diego Council on Literacy produces a coordinated countywide literacy effort that is data-driven, identifies needs, increases awareness, inspires advocacy, results in partnerships, secures resources, and generates service outcomes that are measureable, impactful, and lasting. It coordinates campaigns that are countywide, regional, city-wide, and communities-based to enhance the availability and quality of literacy services in the region.
- Documenting the state of literacy in the San Diego region
- Documenting outcomes from services provided by the Affiliated Literacy Programs
- Instilling the importance of literacy in the region
- Increasing impact of services through city or community-scaled coordinated efforts
- Filling services gaps via initiatives and support to the Affiliated Literacy Programs
Generating resources and raising funds that support local literacy priorities