Happy Read Across America Day! Read Across America Day falls on Dr. Seuss’ birthday and is a day to encourage kids to get excited about reading. Below are 5 ways you can celebrate reading today.
- Read a book. Crack open a new book or an old favorite. Share the joy by reading a book aloud to a friend or family member!
- Attend a virtual event. Check your local library, or literacy organization for a virtual live read aloud! Many libraries and organizations share virtual read aloud videos multiple times a week.
- Donate to a literacy organization. Central to the literacy effort in San Diego County is the work of the 30 programs that are affiliated with the San Diego Council on Literacy. Annually, they serve over 180,000 residents of all ages, at no cost. Check out our incredible literacy partners here, and show them your support with a donation.
- Volunteer. Become a literacy tutor for children, families, or adults! If you are interested, apply to tutor here.
- Take the 21-day read-aloud challenge. Commit to 21 days of reading out loud to your child. Sign up here.