The San Diego Council on Literacy is happy to announce the launch of its first annual Financial Literacy Superheroes Competition! Local children and their parents/guardians are invited to submit graphic art entries that are comic book themed. Entries must include a financial literacy/money management message. Best entries will win awards and cash prizes as described below:
$500 prizes (4)
- Ages 4-6 (requires one child, one parent/guardian)
- Ages 7-10 (requires one child, one parent/guardian)
- Ages 11- 17 (requires one child, one parent/guardian)
- Ages 11-17 (Solo Entry, one teen only)
$1,250 scholarships (1 winning Teen Team of two competitors), Ages 11-17
Most competition categories require collaboration between young competitors and a parent/guardian. In the “Solo Entry” and “Teen Team” categories, this collaboration is prohibited.
Awards/Prizes will go to contestants who submit one full-page entry that excels in meeting the following criteria:
- Presents a strong financial literacy message.
- Presents an original, creative art concept.
- Presents an original superhero concept.
- Presentation of an entry that is attractive overall.
The submission can look like a comic book cover, a comic book page with panels, or can be in a poster format.
Financial literacy lessons to teach
- The importance of saving money
- Budgeting money to make ends meet
- Repelling predatory lenders
- Borrowing wisely
- Knowing the good & bad about credit
- Building charity into your budget
Read the full contest instructions, and directions on submitting your artwork here.
Send all inquiries by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Entries must be received no later than the end of the day Friday, March 11, 2022
The award ceremony will take place, Saturday, March 26, 2022, Comic-Con Museum in Balboa Park.
Thank you to our sponsors:
Thank you to our supporter: